10 reasons to choose Abodo's Vulcan Cladding
Choosing the right cladding material for your build can be difficult. Here are ten great reasons to consider Abodo timber cladding.
- Environmentally friendly - manufactured from rapidly renewable, FSC® certified plantation forests
- Virtually knot free and has a Durability Class 1 Rating
- Thermal treatment means no chemicals used and full through board treatment meaning no need to re-treat when cut or round fixings
- Can be used with most fixings without reaction, although for best results and long life we do recommend the use of stainless steel fixings
- Excellent machining qualities - the golden/chocolate brown finish ensures good uniformity of colour. Something which often people who specify Western Red Cedar like but don’t realise how wide the variation of colour their can actually be when it arrives on site
- Moisture content after treatment is 7% (+/-2%) giving additional dimensional stability. Also, this means that when oxidation takes place this is a cleaner even silver colour
- Available in flat sawn or vertical laminated section which adds towards stability and figure - here are some examples. Laminated sections can be grain orientated, giving sections up to 300mm x 200mm which allows amazing flexibility in design as shown these images. We can also finger joint lengths up to 13.5m
- Improved thermal conductivity by 20%+ over normal pine
- Gives good adhesion and so is ideal for all types of surface finishes
- Abodo timbers are cheaper in price than most alternative knot-free timber options
Order a Sample
Please complete the form below for your free Nero sample. Please note, samples will be Vulcan Cladding in Nero finish.